Monday, August 12, 2013

Welcome Students!

Welcome NEW Lobsters!

It has been over a year since I've updated our class blog. One of my goals for the new school year is to implement more technology into my curriculum.  I recently learned about "QR Codes" and "Surveys."  I am positive you will love using both of these things in our room.  I've also recently started a Twitter account for our classroom.  In fact, one of our student jobs will be to update our Twitter account on a daily basis.  You can sign up to follow us on Twitter @LobsterStudents.

By the way, are you wondering where the name "Lee's Lobsters" came from?  Years ago, teachers at our school wanted to create their own class shirt.  Each teacher tried to think of a neat "class name" to go with their last name.  At the time, there were quite a few teachers that had a last name begin with the letter "L."  One of the teachers used "Lions" and someone else used "Leopards."  I thought it would be cool to use "Lobsters" because of their snapping claws.  Plus, I thought a red shirt would go great with the name, "Lee's Lobsters."  Ever since that time, I've used "Lobsters" as a class mascot.  

Until next time....
Mrs. Lee






No comments:

Post a Comment